Chicago Northwest Suburban Alumnae Chapter Serves Our Community
- We help the Palatine Apple Tree Campaign purchase and distribute school supplies to needy families.
- We support the annual Emma's Walk to benefit the Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood Foundation. The daughter of one of our members suffers from this rare disease.
- We donate raffle baskets and support the Panhellenic Luncheon for scholars which raises money for college bound high school students as well as college freshmen.
- We pack food sent to under developing countries along with our Panhellenic sisters at the Feed My Starving Children project.
- We donate food and supplies monthly for a local food pantry.
- We participate in the Arthritis Foundation's Jingle Bell Run at Cantigny Park and the Spring Walk to Cure Arthritis at Old School Forest Preserve in Lake County.
- We collect pop tops for Ronald McDonald House all year round.
- We collect care items for Hesed House, a shelter in Aurora.
- The success of the chapter's Fall nut sale and AOII Auction for All Seasons allowed us to give away over $5,600 last June to Arthritis research and education as well as Camp Jam scholarships, collegiate chapter support, and several local philanthropies.
11/17/18 - Jingle in Your Jammies We will again be Jingling in our Jammies to raise money for the Jingle Bell Walk which will be held on the same day at Cantigny Park in Wheaton.
12/12/18 - Hesed House Collection Donate small personal items at our Holiday Celebration.
4/7/19 - “Bid It Up!” Auction Come and shop at our annual auction and help raise money for Arthritis Research.
5/TBA/19 - Walk to Cure Arthritis Old School Forest Preserve in Libertyville.
8/TBA/19 - Apple Tree Campaign Palatine Township, Help pass out school supplies.
We won Excellence in Community Involvement at Leadership Institute!