Chicago Northwest Suburban Alumnae Chapter Serves Our Community
- We help the Palatine Apple Tree Campaign purchase and distribute school supplies to needy families.
- We support the annual Emma's Walk to benefit the Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood Foundation. The daughter of one of our members suffers from this rare disease.
- We donate raffle baskets and support the Panhellenic Luncheon for scholars which raises money for college bound high school students as well as college freshmen.
- We pack food sent to under developing countries along with our Panhellenic sisters at the Feed My Starving Children project.
- We donate food and supplies monthly for a local food pantry.
- We participate in the Arthritis Foundation's Jingle Bell Run at Cantigny Park and the Spring Walk to Cure Arthritis at Old School Forest Preserve in Lake County.
- We collect pop tops for Ronald McDonald House all year round.
- We collect care items for Hesed House, a shelter in Aurora.
- The success of the chapter's Fall nut sale and AOII Auction for All Seasons allowed us to give away over $5,600 last June to Arthritis research and education as well as Camp Jam scholarships, collegiate chapter support, and several local philanthropies.